By Karen Carrillo
This provocative examine the connections—and conflicts—between Latinos and African american citizens within the usa assesses the demanding situations dealing with either teams as they attempt to accomplish the yank dream.
• studies song kinds (such as jazz, salsa, disco, and hip-hop), political connections, and intermarriages among Latinos and African Americans
• Examines debatable matters reminiscent of the Trayvon Martin case, contributors of the Mexican Mafia, and gang violence
• offers issues of cohesion among Latinos and African Americans
• Sheds mild at the universal views and backgrounds of the 2 ethnic teams in addition to their cultural differences
Read or Download African American–Latino Relations in the 21st Century: When Cultures Collide (Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Culture) PDF
Similar discrimination & racism books
Attaining Our Humanity explores a postracial destiny via a philosophical research of the social, cultural, monetary and political reports of race some time past and what this could suggest for our current and, most significantly, our future.
This publication engages with debates on ethnic minority and Muslim youth displaying, past apathy and violent political extremism, the various kinds of political engagement within which kids engage.
This ebook tackles unanswered questions about British Muslims and political participation: What makes faith a salient 'political' identification for younger Muslims (over the other identity)? How do younger British Muslims establish themselves and the way does it relate to their political engagement? a desirable perception into the lives of younger British Muslims.
While his ebook Mainstream and Margins was once released in 1983, Peter Rose's writings on American minorities and those that studied them painted a brilliant photo of what existence used to be like in the US for Jews, blacks, and different minorities within the usa. Now, a 3rd of a century later, he revisits the subject, with 16 new chapters, as well as seven from the unique variation.
- Conversations in Postcolonial Thought
- Understanding Everyday Racism: An Interdisciplinary Theory (SAGE Series on Race and Ethnic Relations)
- The Unchosen Me
- Géneros de Gente in Early Colonial Mexico: Defining Racial Difference (Latin American and Caribbean Arts and Culture)
Extra resources for African American–Latino Relations in the 21st Century: When Cultures Collide (Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Culture)